Wednesday 9 November 2016

The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson (BOOK REVIEW)


This is an awesome series!! A beautiful story!! And the plot twists are "Ouuuuhaaaaaa,
nooooooooo!!". I read the entire series in 4 days, and I am super sad that there is only that much of it. I would love to spend more time with the characters.



The points I loved the most in this series are (Not a spoiler! I think!):

  • Lia’s character development: Big shout out for Mary E. Pearson for that. Lia goes from being a young princess looking for true love and escaping an arranged marriage to a fearless and courageous young woman leading an entire army to war.
  • The love triangle that did not end as expected: Although I like "A certain character" (See!! No spoiler :p ) and I love what him and Lia had, I am glad he did not end up as her second chance at love. Because as much as we all love to see the Friend-Zoned character finally getting his share at the love story, I hated to see Lia and "A certain character" part and was super devastated when it happened at some point. So when things ended up the way they did, I was super happy again. 
  • The plot twists: I am not going to spoil this for you, so better go read the books.
  • The minor characters: If we can call them that in this series. Rafe’s and Kaden’s comrades, the friends Lia got to make throughout her journey… They all have a special place in Lia’s heart and now, in mine too. They are the indispensable spices to Lia’s journey, they helped shape her new character and I think she was never to become that courageous and fearless if not for them.
  • You will be last to know who is who between the assassin and the prince. I tried to guess and failed so don't even bother!

To sum it all, I am so glad I read this series, if you have not read it yet, you must. I give the first book: “Kiss of deception” a 4.5/5, The second book: “Heart of betrayal” a 5/5 and the third book: ”Beauty of darkness” a 4.9/5.

© It's CHAYMA
Maira Gall